The Future Directors programme matches state sector boards and committees offering to host a Future Director with highly talented people seeking boardroom experience and provides them with opportunities to observe and participate in board discussions for a 12-month period.
The programme is about diversity in all its forms including gender, age, ethnicity, experience and regional perspective.
By investing in our future leaders, we develop a more diverse and inclusive pipeline of high-calibre board ready candidates in the private and public sectors.
Host board members can gain fresh perspectives and greater diversity of thought which could ultimately lead to better decisions and better performance. Aspiring leaders gain much needed governance skills, and can gain new perspectives, fresher ideas and greater diversity.
Future Directors appointed so far
- Ruth Smithers, Worksafe New Zealand
- Rachel Pinn, New Zealand Geographic Board
- Dr Chelsea Grootveld, Sports New Zealand
- Carol Cheng, Financial Markets Authority
- Sara Brownlie, Risk and Audit Committee, Department of Corrections
Read more about the Future Directors programme.