In this step, you will consider how to integrate gender throughout your policy process.
Click here if you want to know more about how this tool can help you. If you are already advanced in your policy process, then you may wish to move directly to Step 2.
This step is intended for analysts using the tool early in the policy process (the earlier the better!). Given this, it contains links to some material in other steps, which we encourage you to consider now at a preliminary level and explore in more depth as your policy process develops.
Bringing gender into a policy process can be part of a wider ‘commissioning conversation’. In addition to your own agency’s resources in this area, the Policy Project has a template to assist with commissioning conversations. If you are not having a formal commissioning conversation for your policy project, then consider the questions below and discuss with others as appropriate.
Download my notes
- 1. Bringing gender in at the start
- 2: Bringing gender into the policy issue
- 3: Bringing gender into the policy options
- 4: Bringing gender into engagement
- 5: Bringing gender into implementation
- 6: Bringing gender into monitoring and evaluation
- 7. Bringing gender into a Cabinet paper
- Wellington Summit 2019