In partnership with the five population agencies – Te Puni Kōkiri, Ministry for Pacific Peoples, Ministry for Ethnic Communities, Whaikaha Ministry of Disabled People, and Manatū Wāhine Ministry for Women - this webinar with the Institute of Directors’ Chief Executive Kirsten (KP) Patterson, and Network Manager - Branches, Jill Steffert, is a great opportunity to learn more about governance and get information on pathways and how to better equip yourself when applying for public sector board roles.
Date: Wednesday 6 December 2023
Time: 13:00 – 14:00
Who is this for?
- Anyone interested in governance.
- Members of nominating agency databases.
- People interested in joining nominating agency databases.
Note for registration
This process differs from our previous webinars.
To register you will need to click on the link below and note the following:
- After clicking the link below, you will be taken to IOD's webpage where you can book the event. You can book it for more than one person at a time, but, if you are booking for yourself, leave it at one.
- You will then be prompted to enter your details (including your IOD number (if you have it). If you don't, click no. Then add your booking to the cart and click proceed to checkout. At checkout a billing address is required. – the preference is your address but you could add your workplace’s address.
- Payment – there are no charges but you need to tick that you accept T&Cs. Proceed to payment.
- Next you will get emails from IoD confirming signup for the event and prompts to activate your account. It is recommended to do this to access the training calendar and the course information. This does not sign you up to be an IOD paid member, but this allows you to see other free courses and resources, and you have the option when creating your account to sign up to the newsletter.
- A Zoom link will be sent out closer to the day by IOD.
Please type your question using this form https://forms.office.com/r/xH7STFCMZR. Presenters hope to have enough time to answer these at the end of the session. Please note that typing a question in this form does not sign you up for the webinar.
About the speakers
Kirsten Patterson (KP)
KP is the Chief Executive of the Institute of Directors. She is a qualified lawyer and a Distinguished Fellow of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand.
Her governance roles include:
- Co-deputy Chair, Global Network of Directors Institutes (GNDI)
- Chair, Brian Picot Ethical Leadership advisory board
- Director, NZ Rugby Foundation
- Trustee, Voices of Hope
- Board member, XRAP Advisory Panel, External Reporting Board (XRB)
- Board member, Wellington Homeless Women’s Trust.
With extensive governance and leadership experience, she is actively involved in community initiatives.
A strong advocate of diversity, KP was also a founding member of Global Women’s ‘Champions for Change’, a group of senior executives and directors who commit to diversity in the workplace, and a founding member of WiSPA, an organisation promoting women in sport, and mentors a number of business leaders.
Jill is the Network Manager Branches at the Institute of Directors (IoD). Her role includes managing the branch network team of 8 Branch Managers spread around the motu who engage and service the needs of the IoD membership in their local region. Jill is also the lead on the IoD’s two mentoring programmes, Mentoring for Diversity and Tuakana Teina Chair Mentoring Programme.
Jill is passionate about diversity and good governance practice, and the value that both bring to the board table and she thoroughly enjoys guiding people on their own governance pathway. She has her own personal interest in governance and is Co-Chair of the Life Education Trust North Shore.