Contact us

For all enquiries

If you have a general enquiry for the Ministry for Women, please fill in the form below.  Please note the Ministry for Women is a Government policy agency and it does not have any role in community funding or scholarships.   For any issues of potential discrimination, please contact the Human Rights Commission.

Ministry for Women, Te Minitatanga mō ngā Wāhine 

Level 9, Qual IT House
22 The Terrace 
Wellington  6011

PO Box 10 049
Wellington  6143
New Zealand

Tel: (04) 915 7112    Fax: (04) 916 1604  

If you would like to join our database of women seeking a role on a board, please refer to this page to send in your CV.  For general enquiries about the Nominations Service or joining our database, please contact the Ministry for Women, phone: (04) 915 7112 or fax: (04) 916 1604.

Official Information Act requests

The Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) is designed to make government activities more open and transparent to the public. It has two very important roles:  to make official information more freely available to the public; and to protect official information to the extent consistent with the public interest. Information will be made available unless there is a good reason to withhold it. The OIA sets out a number of reasons for which information may be withheld. These reasons include preservation of personal privacy and protection of information which has been received in confidence. However, even where there is good reason for withholding it, information will still be released if there are overriding considerations which mean it is in the public interest to release it. More information about how the OIA operates can be found on the Office of the Ombudsman website.

Making an OIA request for information held by the Ministry for Women

If you wish to make a request for information held by the Ministry for Women fill out the form below. We will to respond to you as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any case not later than 20 working days after the day on which the request was received by the Ministry. If your request is for a substantial amount of information or if gathering the information will require significant resources, there may be a charge for your request or we may refuse to provide the information because it cannot be made available without substantial collation or research. If we propose to impose a charge, we will let you know what information is available and advise you of any charge before we proceed with your request. Any charge set will be in line with the Ministry of Justice Charging Guidelines.

Making a complaint

You can make a complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman if you have concerns regarding the way an OIA request was treated or processed by the Ministry. Those concerns can relate to the refusal to provide information, the breach of a statutory time frame, the decision to extend a time frame or impose a charge, or the imposition of conditions on the release of information. The Ombudsman’s role is to investigate and review the Ministry’s decision. The Ombudsman does not release the withheld information itself but may issue a recommendation to the Ministry to release the information if the Ombudsman considers release appropriate.

Please fill out this form for general enquiries.

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.