Increase your effectiveness in community governance by developing your capability, connection and confidence. This programme aims to develop the governance ability of community board members with guided one-to-one mentoring. Participants are matched with a local governance leader with strong not-for-profit experience, and supported by a local coordinator.
The programme is free and runs for six months.
Mentees will undergo a mixture of online/face to face mentoring and have regular catch-up meetings with their mentor.
The Governance Mentoring Programme is a collaborative partnership between Community Governance Aotearoa and Mentoring Foundation New Zealand.
You will learn about:
- Build a deeper understanding of governance practices.
- Understand the expectations on boards of a significant sized entity.
- Assist in identifying where you may have skill gaps.
- Help you develop your unique value proposition as a director.
Who is this course for?
- People who are currently on the governing board or committee of a community/not-for-profit group in specific locations across New Zealand.
- Current board members, treasurers or Deputy Chairs.