An NZQA-approved micro credential focusing on good governance skills and practices. This course aims to make quality governance training more accessible to community boards. There are 10 modules, each module should take no more than an hour to complete. This resource does have a community focus, however there is overlap with governance in the public sector.
What you will learn:
- Te Tiriti and relationships with Māori.
- Governance essentials.
- The foundation document.
- Legal responsibilities.
- Board roles and responsibilities.
- Governance versus management.
- Understanding the numbers.
- Policies and procedures.
- Annual planning and strategy.
- Effective meetings.
Who is this for?
- New and aspiring directors.
- More experienced directors looking to develop and prove their skills.
- Community organisations wanting to grow their governance skills.