The Ministry for Women is the Government's advisor on achieving better outcomes for New Zealand women.
The Ministry employs a team of policy analysts who work to influence stakeholders to achieve positive changes for women. We collaborate closely with partners to understand issues, influence them to develop solutions and encourage others to take appropriate action. We provide advice, research and resources, and connect those with common interests.
We have identified seven critical capabilities (the mix of skills, knowledge and behaviours) that are needed to enable us to deliver on our strategic direction:
- leadership at all levels of the Ministry
- strategic thinking
- critical thinking and judgement
- ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels
- solutions focused for practical results
- ability to incorporate a Māori and Pacific perspective into work
- data and analytical skills.
The Ministry advertises vacancies on the New Zealand Government jobs website.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Pou Whakahaere Kaupapahere - Director Policy (open until 13 August)
Mana Wāhine joint rōpū with Te Puni Kōkiri (all open until 13 August)
Kaiwhakahaere Matua - Director
Kaiārahi Hōtaka - Programme lead
Kaiārahi Kōtuitui - Engagement lead
Kaiārahi Kaupapahere - Policy lead