The National Advisory Council on the Employment of Women (NACEW) is an advisory body to the Minister for Women. The Council holds quarterly meetings in Wellington with sub-groups meeting to progress particular projects between meetings. NACEW receives administrative and advisory support from the Ministry for Women.
The function and role of NACEW is to:
- express views and make recommendations to the Minister for Women on matters relating to the employment of women
- identify systems and strategies to improve outcomes for women in employment
- develop and support strategies to improve outcomes for women within the business community
- provide or access in-depth information on women in employment as needed
- use networks to identify partnerships, collaborate with key stakeholders and provide feedback to the Minister for Women on initiatives for women in employment from these groups.
Further information is available in NACEW’s Terms of Reference.