The ‘Nine Steps’ publication and supporting material have been developed to help Play, Active Recreation and Sport, and not-for-profit/for value organisations, learn and apply good governance practices. This course refers and connects to the governance framework for sport and recreation.
You will learn about:
- Concepts, challenges, structures and change.
- Developing the work plan for a board.
- Making meetings count.
- How to provide strategic leadership.
- How to employ and support a chief executive.
- What to measure and monitor.
- How to get the right people on the board.
- How to provide purposeful induction.
Who is this for?
- New and aspiring directors.
- More experienced directors looking for resources.
- Community organisations wanting to grow their governance skills.
- Aspiring Chairs.